Sticky, Sweet and with a little bit of Zest!
Creating the perfect marinade to compliment a braai or bbq has proven to be quite a challenge in the past.
We are passionate about cooking from scratch and since we have the Best All-Round Braai and Cooking Spice in our kitchen we decided to make our own marinade with our own spice!
The results were amazing and we wanted to share our delicious recipe so all of our followers can try it themselves.
This Ultimate Marinade is created to accompany all different meats and treats, and we added a bit of lemon zest to amplify all of our beautiful flavours!
THE ULTIMATE MARINADE
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 3 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mac Spice The Original or The Hot One
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chutney
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Lemon Zest
- Finely dice onions and heat a saucepan with the cooking oil on medium. When the oil is hot, add your onions and fry for a bit and add 1 Teaspoon of Sugar. Keep stirring onions until browned.
- Turn heat down to low and add your Mac Spice, Tomato Sauce, Chutney, Crushed Garlic, Water and 2 Teaspoons of Sugar to the saucepan. Stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Let it simmer on a low heat until the consistency is nice and thick.
- Grate in some fresh Lemon Zest and allow your marinade to cool slightly before adding your meat to marinade.
- Alternatively, you can bottle the marinade to keep in the fridge for a week or two.
- Braai your marinated meat on the braai or bbq to enjoy The Ultimate Braai Marinade!